I have been nominated for a few Blogger awards by some great bloggers you can check out. But I thought instead of ignoring two and just doing one, I would do all three in one!
Keep it Mindful nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award
One Blog, One Day at a Time nominated me for Mystery Blogger Award an award created by Okoto Enigma.
Afternoon Tea 4 Two nominated me for a Liebster award Blogger with under 200 followers.
• Thank the blogger that nominated you:
Thank you guys! I really appreciate the nominations!
• Tell your readers how your blog started:
My blog started as a sort of online journal that I wanted to use to connect with other people going through the same thing I was going through. I used it as a way to express myself and track symptoms as well as get out frustrations.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
Be authentic and real with your readers. Express your journey truthfully and hold nothing back. Chronic illness is difficult and being true to that is what helps people connect with you. Secondly, Be mindful that your journey isn’t everyone’s. So what works for you, won’t for everyone. Understand there is other ways so never present yourself as the one solution to anything.
Those were the basic theme questions, but here are the questions asked from the bloggers:
- What is your favorite colour? Blue. All shades and tones of blue.
- What is something that you can’t stand but a lot of people like? Entertainment news. Or reality TV. Both hold no interest to me in any way at all.
- What is your favourite hobby? Writing or reading. Both in equal measure. I write fantasy fiction and Love it. And I read it as much as I love to write it. If you are feeling so inclined you can check out the first book in my series on Amazon. I write under a pen name so as to not to interfere with my non-fiction writing.
- Who is your favorite writer? That is a real difficult one. But I would have to say Roger Zelazny. When I was a kid I read his Amber Series and was enthralled by it. I have read it dozens of times since then.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I love to do it. I blog to raise awareness on chronic pain and mental illness. I bog because I love to write. I blog because I love to connect to the chronic illness community and contribute.
- Where was your last holiday? I took a short holiday last summer to Banff, Alberta. Near here just to get away for a bit.
- Cat or Dog? Cat. In fact, have three of the furballs.
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be? Einstein. I have some questions about change, motion and time for him. Just some metaphysical questions I wondered about over the years.
- Describe yourself in three words: Intelligent, goofy and introverted.
- What are three things you cannot live without? Books, a computer and my spouse. That is a person but I couldn’t think of another ‘thing’. Maybe music?
- What’s your biggest weakness? Low self-worth
- Movies or books? Oh, books for sure. But then there are some awesome Marvel movies that I love too. Then there is reading the book, then watching the movie and pointing out the differences. lol
I wasn’t really going to nominate anyone else, just respond to the kindness offered to me all at once. Kind of hard to nominate from a three in one post. But if I do I will add on from here. I always have a problem of thinking of people who want to participate. It is a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers though.