All joking aside, my doctor is awesome. She does listen and does everything possible for me. I have had horrible doctors in the past, so I know bad doctors. She truly listens and cares, which is a good combo. Not to mention she is extremely intelligent.
- Remember when going to the doctor to get there early, in order to get in late.
- Remember to write down what you want to talk about and then leave that list at home so you forget the most important thing you wanted to talk about.
- Put off talking about a less important symptom for about six months. So that when you do mention it as it does become important your doctor can give you the ‘look’. But then give them a ‘look’ back that says ‘I only have ten minutes to talk about all this chronic illness crap and minor symptoms don’t count until they count’. I have no idea what that look looks like. But make it dramatic.
- When you get a new comorbid condition yell out ‘Finally I have the full set! I’ve been waiting to collect that one for years!’
- Remind them they are being graded for ratemds.com. Bring a notepad. Make sure to frown occasionally and write in it.